New.

Well hello, 2010.

I always love the beginning of a new year... a fresh start, a clean slate, a chance to do things over. For me, one of those resolutions is to keep this blog up-to-date! I slacked off at the end of '09 and now I'm back at it. Thanks for all of you who read and take a few moments to learn about what's been going on in my life...I greatly appreciate yo
ur time!
At the end of December, I usually start thinking about what the coming year holds. When I started picturing 2010 in my mind, the image I had was an uncharted wilderness. I was standing at the threshold of a new terrain, with only a compass, a map showing a few trails and possibly a lake (if I'm lucky) and a backpack of bare essentials.

I am nervous, excited, antsy, terrifed and hopeful.

Last year was a year full of change, and this year holds nothing less. I finish my internship with San Diego Hospice in four months, graduate in six, and then it's off to a whole new season of life. While I cannot wait to see what new possibilities come up, I also get so scared about the unknown. That wilderness holds so much beauty and excitement and challenge, but how often that comes with pain and heartache.

So that is why this blog is now called "fearless"...because that is what I believe God is calling me to be for this next year. Not ignorant or unprepared or foolish, but fearless because I am trusting in him and asking him to provide. I don't want to miss out on the journey because I'm too busy packing or planning or strategizing. Please keep me in your prayers as I go, and thanks for walking with me.

much love...
alair


2 comments:

Clark Family said...

Hooray!!!! I just know that the Lord is going to do every thing he can to help your heart to truly learn to trust him and to be fearless!!!!! I am super excited for you!!!! Soo fun!

So we have to get together soon because we are moving in a short 10 weeks... I need an update on your life!!!! Love ya friend!

Andy Kelly said...

I am excited to see what God has in store for you in 2010. It is a good year to be alive! Philadelphia, my sister!!!!